tissue knit sloppy josephine



pattern / papercut patterns sloppy josephine tee
fabric /  dark navy tissue knit , the fabric store, (bris)
i'm kinda raglan everything at the moment. i love the look. This tee is the one I reach for everyday. with a cute skirt, shorts, jeans. It's pretty easy to do life in it. the first of many!
a few notes
  • i cut a size small
  • tissue knits. yeah there were a few choice words. I found Jen's suggestions in her tissue knit hemlock tutorial great (especially for the neck band).
  • I staystitched the neckline to avoid too much stretch.
  • Next time I will take ?3cm out of the centre front & back seams. This top does start to fall off my shoulders (which is just a personal preference that I'd prefer it not to). I try & wear a sports bra underneath because bra straps are visible. (also, a bit see through?)
  • the sleeves: I JUST LOVE THEM. they really are the perfect length & the band is a great touch.
  • This was my first knit make with my new overlocker (Serger). An Elna 664PRO. So happy with it!  I used it for all the construction bar the hem. But still don't think I got it completely right with this tissue knit. more practicing needed!
  • twin needle for the hem. QUESTION: how do you anchor your twin needle threads? backwards/forwards at the start & finish? knot threads? Mine seem to unravel whatever I do!

the perfect top for a beach vacay :)


Popular posts from this blog

Almada Robe : a Lovefest

Baggage :: Portside Duffle and Desmond Backpack

Tencel Colfax Dress